Primero's Energy division prides itself in providing complete project solutions in the oil, gas and power sectors.
Wartsila / AGL
Barker Inlet Power Station
Primero has been selected by Wartsila to undertake the construction of the Barker Inlet Power Station which will supply 211MW’s of smart power to South Australia. The technology group Wartsila were chosen to supply the fast, flexible and highly efficient capacity needed by Australian integrated energy company, AGL Energy Limited. The EPC project, for which Primero is responsible for construction, represents the first utility-scale reciprocating engine power plant in Australia’s National Electricity Market.
The Cape Lambert Petroleum (Gas) Pipeline and Station construction project (CLPPL) is part of the overall Rio Tinto Power System Upgrade (PSU) 330 Project. The PSU 330 Project includes the development of new power generation and transmission infrastructure throughout the Pilbara Region, to support the company’s iron ore production expansion to 333 million tonnes per annum.
Wheatstone Domgas Metering Facility
As part of the Wheatstone DOMGAS processing facility development, Chevron Australia required the detailed design, fabrication, assembly and testing of a facility that meters and monitors the quality of the natural gas feed from the 200 terajoule per day domestic gas plant via a pipeline into the
More Energy Projects
Red Gully & Condensate Processing Facility
Location Gingin, Australia
Discipline Management, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Piping, Commissioning, Instrumentation, Electrical, Greenfield, Controls
Commodity Natural Gas
The Red Gully Gas and Condensate Processing Facility is located near Gingin Western Australia. The processing facility consists of the development of two on-shore wells, Gingin West-1 and Red Gully-1, which feed gas and condensate through a processing facility that produces 8 terajoules/day of natural gas and 400bbl/day of condensate. With a strong background in hydrocarbon facilities and pipelines, and zero recorded injuries, Primero was engaged to:
- Construct civil works
- Detail, fabricate, deliver and install over 2,500m of piping
- Install gas processing equipment
- Install electrical equipment and 25km of electrical reticulation
- Compliant to required hazardous area classification
Crudge Oil & Water Tanks Shell, Wind Grinders & Floor Repairs 16 Year Life Extension
Location Varanus Island, Australia
Discipline Management, Design, Structural, Procurement, Mechanical, Fabrication, Construction, Piping, Brownfield
Commodity Crude Oil
Given Primero’s experience in all areas of tank related works, Quadrant Energy Ltd (QE) engaged Primero to provide multiple scopes related to the 16 year structural integrity life extension of the 57m diameter, 250,000 barrel crude oil storage Tank C-101. Tank C is one of 3 main crude oil tanks used by QE for storage prior to processing and exporting at Varanus Island. While executing the Tank C works, QE also provided Primero with the 13m diameter T-201 water tank floor repair scope.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDED:
- Design analysis, procurement and structural repairs to comply with API 650 & API 653 requirements
- Replating of primary wind girder, ~180 linear meters
- Patch plating of secondary wind girder where excessive corrosion was identified
- Repairs to the tank shell where excessive corrosion was identified
- Design, fabrication and installation of the foam deluge system including foam deluge ring main and foam dam wall on the tank floating roof
- Tank floor repairs where excessive corrosion was established
- Management of all site welding, materials control and NDT testing
- QE feedback was positive with Primero requested
- to provide the life extension services and floor
- replacement for Tank B Crude Oil Tank
- Primero were able to rapidly ramp up resources
- when required by QE to fast track some areas of the schedule.
Wandoo Electrical & Instrumentation Upgrade Works
End Client Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia (VOGA)
Location Wandoo Offshore Platforms A & B
Discipline Management, Design, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning, Brownfield, Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls
Commodity Oil & Gas
Vermilion Oil and Gas Australia (VOGA) engaged Primero to undertake the electrical and instrumentation works associated with the Wandoo B accommodation upgrade and associated equipment installation. Due to the age of both the manned platform at Wandoo B and unmanned platform at Wandoo A, VOGA took advantage of the refurbishment work and replaced its ageing accommodation facilities with increased bedding to ease the pressures on operation personnel and the general operation of the platform.
The replacement facility was manufactured off site into workable sections, designed to minimize impact to operation of the rig. The equipment was successfully installed in stages and commissioned during the shutdown periods without incident. The works at Wandoo B included a new compressed air facility, replacement and installation of several gas detection units, installation and integration of the new accommodation and office facility.
Works at Wandoo A consisted of the demolition and replacement of the platform crib/office shelter and also gas detection units as with WNB.Crew limitations due to bedding restrictions demanded versatile employees and efficient off site engineering and management support to keep costs to a minimum. VOGA complimented Primero on many occasions for their proactive and successful management of the project.
This performance was especially evident during the commissioning periods with the use of Primero developed commissioning software ‘Check-mateTM’ allowing remote progress measurement and live remote ITR approval and visibility for both Primero management and VOGA representatives.
AGC Gorgon Upstream Joint Venture Inlet Above Ground Piping
Location Barrow Island, Australia
Discipline Management, Design, Greenfield, Structural, Mechanical, Piping
The Gorgon Upstream project ties the subsea components at two discrete fields (Gorgon and Jansz) to the onshore LNG plant via a system of pipelines and control umbilicals. The inlet lines consisted of 34 inch pipework along with various isolation joints, tees and valves. Primero was commissioned by AGC to provide
engineering and design support for their portion of the works, the inlet above ground piping.
The on-site works were minimised by opting to complete pre-spooling and fabrication at the Australian Marine Complex (AMC).
Primero designed integrated transport frames, a streamlined and economical approach to transport the 30 tonne sections from the AMC to Barrow Island. The design consisted of 8 separated spools of different size and weight mounted to standard or super-racks. The super-rack option was preferred over conventional sea fastening as it limited interfaces with the dumb barge and provided transport flexibility.
The solution was completed within project constraints with all frames successfully delivered to site.
Project Shackleton Wandoo B Platform E&I Installation of ESP's Process Upgrades
Location Wandoo B Platform, North West, Western Australia
Discipline Management, Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Brownfield, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls
Commodity Oil & Gas
Vermillion’s ‘Project Shackleton’ includes a process upgrade to the Wandoo B Platform with the ultimate aim of improving gas throughput using state of the art technology ‘Electronic Submersible Pumps’ (ESP’s) coupled with a number of significant changes to the Wandoo B platform processing equipment.
Primero was engaged to provide the E&I procurement, installation and commissioning works as follows.
SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDED:
- Electrical support for the installation of 2 X ESP’s
- Supervision of HV feeder / VSD’s Mechanical install to ensure HV cable installation runs smoothly
- Installation of all cable tray from inside HV MCC to the Well Bay
- Installation of all cables, including all HV terminations
- Install and terminate new LV power + control cables for 4x pumps & 2x analysers
- Installation of new instruments, instrument cables and junction boxes including cable supports
- Procurement of cables, glands and materials or accessories
- Development of QA/QC documentation for testing and commissioning of all cables and their terminations
- Functional testing through to commissioning support using Primero’s commissioning system Checkmate©.
- VOGA feedback on Primero’s performance was excellent highlighting how Primero “go the extra mile”
- On schedule and below estimated budget despite VOGA requesting multiple changes during execution
- All site works were safely performed with no reportable incidents and with Primero integrating with both the VOGA site team and other subcontractors.
BP Port Hedland Fuel Terminal Electrical Upgrade Works
Location Port Hedland, Western Australia
Discipline Management, Design, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction, Commissioning, Brownfield, Civil, Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls
BP Australia Pty Ltd owns and operates a bulk fuel terminal at Port Hedland WA. The existing electrical infrastructure at the Port Hedland Terminal was insufficient to support the electrical demand of the site. The site was operated at a reduced capacity with load shedding controls monitoring the electrical power usage to ensure that the supply remained within its limits. As a result, the terminal’s electrical infrastructure needed to be upgraded to allow the site to operate normally without having to load shed whilst providing capacity for future needs.
The project scope was inclusive of all civil works to undertake the upgrade including the removal of and installation of the site major supply cabling along different routes.
THE SCOPE OF WORKS WAS INCLUSIVE OF:
- Installation of new Main Switchboard\Metering Panel, MCC, VSD’s
- Modifications to existing MCC and PLC cabinets
- Supply and installation of all new required cable containment and supports including underground installation and above ground cable ladder including support structures
- Supply, installation and testing of all new power, instrumentation and control (including FO) cabling for the project, including removal of existing where required
- Supply, installation and testing of all required new instrumentation and electrical, fire and security systems equipment
- Removal and disposal of all redundant equipment and cabling
Carnarvon Waste Heat Recovery
Location Carnarvon, Australia
Discipline Management, Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Brownfield, Mechanical, Process, Instrumentation, Electrical, Controls
Enerji’s pilot Waste Heat Recovery Power Plant (WHRPP) is located in Carnarvon, Western Australia. The facility recovers waste heat off three gas turbine generators located at Horizon Power’s Carnarvon power station. The WHRPP consists of an organic rankine cycle generator and support systems. Primero Group was engaged by Enerji to complete the commissioning of the facility through to handover.
In addition to design improvements and management from Perth, a specialist team was mobilised to site to approach commissioning systematically and manage numerous stakeholders involved with the project (Enerji, Horizon Power, construction contractors etc). Primero Group was responsible for bringing the WHRPP on-line and synchronising it with the grid (supplying power). Primero is on target to successfully synchronise the WHRPP to the grid within the agreed schedule set by Enerji. Ongoing support will continue to ramp the facility to full production capacity.
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Successful synchronisation of the WHRPP.
- Full stakeholder involvement during the commissioning works.
- On-going ramp-up support including modification works to piping and E&I systems.
Mondarra Gas Storage Facility Gas Dehydration Skid Design
Location Dongara, Australia
Discipline Design, Civil, Structural, Mechanical
Commodity Natural Gas
The Mondarra Gas Storage Facility is located in the Perth Basin near Dongara, which interconnects with both the Parmelia Gas Pipeline and Dampier to Bunbury Natural Gas Pipeline (DBNGP).
The full project scope was the design of a new gas storage facility that could store up to 15 petajoules capacity. This included increased injection and withdrawal infrastructure within the facility.
The development of the facility was a major strategic development in the shoring up of gas supply and minimizing any future supply disruptions. With a proven history of delivering design projects, Primero was engaged to provide the detailed structural design of the gas dehydration facility as a sub-contract to the consultant, Momentum Engineering.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DESIGN INCLUDE:
- Detailed design & FEA analysis of all civil, structural & equipment layout foundations throughout the facility.
- Detailed design of pipe rack structures.
- Detailed design of fuel gas skids.
- Completed within the project schedule time-frames and delivered an economical design to the standards required.