ROM 3 Crushing Facility
Roy Hill is a recently developed 55 million tonne per annum (Mtpa) iron ore mining, rail and port operation in West Australia’s Pilbara region.
Situated approximately 340 kilometres south east of Port Hedland in West Australia, Roy Hill is a low phosphorus, Marra Mamba iron ore deposit located in the Pilbara – close to Asia and in one of the world’s premier iron ore provinces.
Primero were engaged by Roy Hill to complete early contractor involvement in order to undertake preliminary design of the facility in adequate detail to provide lump sum EPC capital costs to the business.
Primero developed the multi-discipline design over a short timeframe to enable equipment pricing from market, develop civil, structural and platework quantities as well as a piping and electrical costs. This work enabled Primero to submit a lump sum design, construct and commission price for Roy Hill’s evaluation. Highlights of which included:
- 25mtpa crushing hub with primary and secondary sizing;
- 1km overland transfer conveyor;
- Inclusion of an innovative hard rock handling solution to manage over-competent material;
- Developed a turnkey design, construct and commission solution; and
- Developed concept design and associated pricing in short timeframe.