Sigma is developing an industrial-scale green mining operation in the Vale do Jequitinhonha, Minas Gerais state, Brazil. The project will bring direct and indirect jobs to the local community and contribute to its economic development.
Primero Americas were engaged by Sigma Lithium (Sigma) to complete a DFS for the Xuxa Lithium Project located at Grota Do Cirilo in Minas Gerais, Brazil.
FEASIBILITY | DESIGN
Sigma is developing a world-class industrial-scale hard-rock lithium project. The significant deposits in Brazil can be counted among some of the highest-grade spodumene pegmatites in the world.
Scope of Work
Primero Canada are currently retained by Sigma Lithium (Sigma) to progress a definitive feasibility study for the Xuxa Lithium Project located at Grota Do Cirilo in Minas Gerais, Brazil. Recent highlights include:
- Receiving environmental and revised mining approval (previously operating mine;
- Commencement of additional met testwork programs for recent resource upgrades;
- Execution of a binding head of agreement with Mitsui;
- Increased size of measured and indicated resource to 45.7m tonnes;
- Commissioned 10tph Pilot Plant onsite; and
- Progressing of detailed engineering of the concentrator.
The DFS scope of work included the following: